College of Counselling Therapists of New Brunswick

Collège des conseillers et conseillères thérapeutes du 


Q:  Can I scan and email my application documents for joining CCTNB to

A:  Yes.  We accept applications that have been scanned and saved in PDF format. Please Name your document with your last name and first name.

Q:  Will my new designation become CCC, LCT? I was under the impression that the CCPA was morphing into the college.   Must I remain a member of both associations?

A:  Your designation with the College will be LCT.  CCPA is not morphing into the college and LCT will not replace your CCC status.  It is your choice if you wish to continue with your CCC status with CCPA.  CCTNB can’t provide liability insurance coverage at a competitive cost at this time.

CCPA and CCTNB are two different organizations.  CCTNB invites all CCPA members to apply to the College of Counselling Therapists of NB and consider your credentials that you have with CCPA to support your application.

 Q:  Do you accept payment by credit card, or must I mail you a cheque?

 A:  Unfortunately, at the moment, we can only accept cheques mailed directly to:

College of Counselling Therapists of NB
P.O. Box 2020, Vaughan Harvey PO
Moncton, NB
E1C 0T3


Q:  Do you accept e-transfers for payment? I do not have cheques and haven`t had any in a while. They are very expensive to purchase.

A:  We are not able to accept e-transfers at the present time or credit cardtransactions.  However, you can go to your bank and ask for a printed cheque at the counter.  Most banks will do this for free or for a small fee.

Q:  Will my license number (that CCPA assigned to me) change?

A:  Your “registration” number assigned by CCPA will remain the same.  The College will issue you a membership/licence number once your application has been processed.

Q:  Will I receive confirmation that my letter stating that I am a member in good standing was successfully received?

A: No, it is your responsibility to ensure that your requestis successfully sent to your association.

Q:  Will I have to change my designation from CCC to Licensed Counselling Therapist?  

A:  No, you can use CCC designation if maintained with CCPA and you can add Licensed Counselling Therapist (LCT) as a member of CCTNB.  After your application has been processed successfully, you will receive a certificate attesting that you are a Licensed Counselling Therapist (LCT).

Q.  Am able to obtain liability insurance elsewhere?

A:  Yes.  If you get your liability insurance from CCPA, it must be for at least $2 million dollars and renewed on a yearly basis.   

Q.  Do I still need to be a member of CCPA?

A.  This is entirely your choice.  Please keep in mind that the CCTNB is not providing Continued Education Credits (CEC) at this time or liability insurance.  We are still in the opening phase and the College Board is still in discussion concerning continuing education.

Q.  What the protected title is in English and in French?

A.  The protected title in English is “Licensed Counselling Therapist (LCT)” and the protected title in French is « Conseiller(ère) thérapeute agréé (CTA) ou conseiller en orientation agree.

Q.  If I work as a counsellor for an agency, school, government, non-profit organisation or for profit organisation, do I need to provide Liability insurance?

A: No, not at the present time, however, the College Board is currently discussing this and members will be notified of any changes.

Q.  What is the deadline to apply for to CCTNB?

A:  For current members of the three associations only, wanting to be transferred to the College, the deadline is now 30 June 2017.  CCTNB Transition Board recently approved this extension.  Anyone applying to the College after June 1st, 2017 will have to go through an extensive application process with no deadlines through our website at

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software